Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

something to match carpeting

Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something to match carpeting

So ill try to paint the picture here. I have an amp under both front seats, and in order to protect from rain and keep prying eyes away (you can see one when the top is off) I want to do something like get matching carpet and line the bottom with plastic and cut along the rear cupholders and whatnot and slip under the front seats over the amps. Ill probably tuck the other end under the stock rear carpet. So I already looked on Craigslist for some that someones getting rid of and most other automotive carpet I find is for speaker boxes. So I guess what I'm asking is where can I get some that matches. Or any other suggestions to protect and hide my amps. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Can you post a picture?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My amps are in the same place, but I ziptied mine to the seat rails so that they are elevated and out of site when the doors are off.

I haven't done anything to water proof them, but I dont drive through rivers or leave the top off when it is going to pour so it's not a real concern of mine
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default autozone...

I needed 'matching' carpet for a cargo deck I made and bought the cheap black replacement carpet roll from autozone (like $12 I think). It matches the black carpet pretty well and would certainly be passable for what you are looking to do..
Old 04-02-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Alright, ill check autozone and ill be able to take a picture when I get home.

Quick Reply: something to match carpeting