Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Are some lift heights higher than others

Old 03-08-2014, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are some lift heights higher than others

title explains it, are some 4 inch lifts higher than other brands. I've heard RK 3.5 is actually a 4 any input please
Old 03-08-2014, 08:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Lift height will depend on the coil rate of the new coils, the length of the new coils, and the weight of your jeep. More weight will equal less actual lift height. Most companies will build them so they can handle the extra weight of steel bumpers and a winch as well as tire carrier in the rear. The only lifts that give actual advertised heights are budget boost or spacer lifts that use a puck on top of the factory coils.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are three JK Unlimiteds that park in the reserved parking spaces at work. All of them have 35" tires, two of them have an AEV 3.5" lift, and one has a Procomp 4" lift. The JKs with AEV 3.5" lifts sit about an inch and a half higher than the JK with the 4" Procomp lift. So there is definitely some variability between lift manufacturers.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

is procomp any good for their lifts? ive heard mixed things about them
Old 03-08-2014, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjmjk
is procomp any good for their lifts? ive heard mixed things about them
Running the 2.5 kit with spacers that gave me 3.5 front/rear. Front rides pretty good but the rear is a wide open linear spring. Its a stiff rear spring but it doesnt budge with weight. Front and rear springs have held up beautifully. I find them firm but i dont think other springs will be much softer. Possibly plush rides. Front spring is entirely progressive so it actually gives a nice ride. Flex seems to be OK. Nothing like RK, MC or even RE. The new 3.5 uses a new tuned spring but i believe its a carry over from rubicon express.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

I had pro comp 4"springs and put some 4.5" synergy springs and gained over an inch.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cdenny
I had pro comp 4"springs and put some 4.5" synergy springs and gained over an inch.
so I want a true 4 inches or higher so would any recommend buying a kit but upgrading to better springs to get the true lift?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Define "better".

Coil rates and the weight of your jeep will determine the height. Saying one coil is better then another based on the height you get is wrong. Higher coil rates will give you more lift on and they will also give a harsher ride and will not compress as easy when articulting off road. They will also increase the body roll you experience on the road in high speed cornering.

If you want exactly 4" of lift look at a 2" coil lift and add the JKS ACOS. That will allow you to dial in the exact height you want and make changes in the height should you desire in the future.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 03-10-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

It's kind of hit and miss on actual lift height until you know where you are now.

This thread will show you how to compare your JK to the factory specs: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...ements-297499/
Old 03-10-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Define better. Coil rates and the weight of your jeep will determine the height. Saying one coil is better then another based on the height you get is wrong. Higer coil rates will give you more lift on and they will also give a harsher ride and will not compress as easy when articulting off road. They will also increase the body roll you experience on the road in high speed cornering. If you want exactly 4" of lift look at a 2" coil lift and add the JKS ACOS. That will allow you to dial in the exact height you want and make changes in the height should you desire in the future.
thanks yea I was just trying to say basically I've heard some springs sag quicker than others and those are normally associated with your cheaper lifts so I was figuring on using a less expensive kit with a higher quality spring to avoid that problem that's all

Quick Reply: Are some lift heights higher than others