Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Some help with my stage 1 build up

Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nepatsfn
Why dont you do the 2.5 and a 1 inch body lift. Thats what im doing.
Are you kidding? I'm not going to be the only guy in New england with mods on the JK. I see about 10 a day and not one modification.

Ok I saw one guy once with a pretty sweet green 4 door with Army decals on it. Never saw him again.

As for the 3" lift. I beleive this is the point on a 2 door where you are likely to have to change the track bar and control arms to adjust the castor angle in the front. I beleive you get away with a little more on the 4 door on the angle for the drive shafts. I have read you can get away with the 3" and the driveshafts being stock on the 2dr but like stated before you are running a higher angle and they will not last as long.

Last edited by NE Wrangling; 03-20-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The black diamond kit comes with alignment cams and I will change the arms and driveshafts when I have some more dough (stage 2 ).

Quick Reply: Some help with my stage 1 build up