Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Solve my brake problem

Old 08-28-2024, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Solve my brake problem

Try to make a long story short,
Did a hemi swap with Spicer 60s front and rear with 37s. The outfit put new brakes on it. I picked it up and the brake peddle was mushy. Took it to brake masters. $2,200 and a week later they said they replaced MC, ABS module, and front leaky calipers. They told me the issue was still not fixed and I needed an upgraded brake booster. I've been looking and can't find anything that will fit my JK.

What do you guys think? I know an off road shop here in Tucson that I'm going to take it to. Wanted to get some insight from my jeeping community, first.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 08-30-2024, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The calipers on the Dana 60s have larger pistons which is taking more fluid to move the same distance which in turn makes the pedal feel soft. I would recommend looking for a master cylinder with a larger bore than the stock one to make up the difference. Take a look at the MC bore size that is used on the big brake upgrade kits. I found this recommended on a site about big brake kits. I dont know which year model this is referencing but there is a an option out there.

Larger bore brake Master Cylinder (Replacement Part #: 68091278AB) is also suggested for better brake pedal feel and greater braking performance.

Quick Reply: Solve my brake problem