Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SOLID Front Axle Hub Conversion Kit - Available & Installed!!

Old 01-12-2008, 02:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
thats not really high at all, Warns hub conversion for the TJ is $1,183.99. Solids comes with new Disc's. The JK's ESP is also built into the spindal, thats more maching to the hubs for the JK than other jeeps.

More food for thought. Not to bash Warn (very good product as well), but to do an honest cost analysis between the two, the cost difference would not only add the cost of the rotors, but the maching as well. The OD of both the "hat" area of the rotor, and the OD of the rotor itself must be machined down. This cost can be a significant factor, depending on machine shop costs/availability.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jslamerman
More food for thought. Not to bash Warn (very good product as well), but to do an honest cost analysis between the two, the cost difference would not only add the cost of the rotors, but the maching as well. The OD of both the "hat" area of the rotor, and the OD of the rotor itself must be machined down. This cost can be a significant factor, depending on machine shop costs/availability.
Yeah, Warn is expensive. But, I'd buy another Warn product based on the quality and service -- and of course the fact of made in the USA.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was about to ask a question concerning this upgrade and "bam" Solid has a kit for it. Not on my immediate list of upgrades but I will be getting it. Not for any MPG increase, for the other benefits. JK owners sure do watch the MPG a lot.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
What kind of MPG increases are we looking at?
MPG on tj's never changed so don't expect any on you JK.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

any idea how large of an opening the wheel needs to have in order for the hub to go through it??

i want to get it but was thinking of keeping my rubicon wheels, and getting some wheelspacers that will allow me to keep the stock bolt pattern
Old 01-12-2008, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepik
any idea how large of an opening the wheel needs to have in order for the hub to go through it??

i want to get it but was thinking of keeping my rubicon wheels, and getting some wheelspacers that will allow me to keep the stock bolt pattern
I don't think that will work.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by tgrt
Yeah, Warn is expensive. But, I'd buy another Warn product based on the quality and service -- and of course the fact of made in the USA.
Go on any board. They'll tell you how Solid is. They are quality company with good service.

Not to mention warn does not have a working Hub Kit for the JK.
Solid is the first one to make the ESP work with a hub kit.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jeepik

its only going to be made for 5x5.5. They did'nt think peope would want to machine the centers out. but it simply wont work
Old 01-12-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

alittle confused? with this mod you will not need lockers??
Old 01-12-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
its only going to be made for 5x5.5. They did'nt think peope would want to machine the centers out. but it simply wont work.
im not talking about bolt pattern, im talking about the center hole diameter

there are spacers out there to go from 5x5.5 to 5x5, i dont want to swap out my rubi wheels, i want to keep them

Quick Reply: SOLID Front Axle Hub Conversion Kit - Available & Installed!!