Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Solid Covers and Aussie question

Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a Aussie locker for over a year. Yes is will clear the solid cover as it sits inside the carrier. I use one TJ thrust washer and one JK washer. Only way it would be in tollerance. it clicks on tight turns and can pop from time to time due to binding. But its works great, definately worth buying.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

I hear that BigblueJK...since your buying the ticket!!!

2climbbig, thanks for the info...the more I hear, the more I want one!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

I talked to David at northridge and He said they should have the Aussie ready for the new Dana 30 in a couple of months. So if you haven't bought one yet I would wait.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I talked to David at northridge and He said they should have the Aussie ready for the new Dana 30 in a couple of months. So if you haven't bought one yet I would wait.
They should have them next month. The big change will be including a hand full of shims to make sure the locker tolerances are within spec.

David
Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks David! This mod is definately on my list to do, but I can wait until they have the JK specific one.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
They should have them next month. The big change will be including a hand full of shims to make sure the locker tolerances are within spec.

David
I emailed them a few weeks ago, and was told that they were testing on the new jk-30 front but only an "A" version . You would need the dealer to tell which d-30 you have in your jeep. Haven't heard back if they had completed the testing?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope my aussie will be ok in my JK. I heard that they were ok in the 07s but not in the 08s? I have the 07. I hope that is truth.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

...mine works flawlessly in my 07, even with the JK thrust washers, I set the unit up with both JK and TJ washers and it seemed a little loose tolerance wise with one TJ washer, it was pretty tight with the JK washers but its great, mines quiet as could be..no ratcheting or binding. I am mindful that its there though, on very tight turns or uturns I take it pretty easy.

Quick Reply: Solid Covers and Aussie question