Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Solid Covers and Aussie question

Old 01-15-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid Covers and Aussie question

Hello all...

I just checked and the Solid Differential Covers for the Dana 30 are back in stock and still $65...of course I ordered mine before letting y'all know

I also was curious if any of you are running, or know someone who is running an Aussie Locker in the front of a JK. Since I have an X, I am thinking that would be a cost effective way to at least get half of it locked up...

Thanks much,
Allan
Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2! I don't have the cash to spend on the ARB lockers and then the air compressor to run them so this too may be an option for me....
Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one, haven't put it in yet. I will let you know how I like it at the end of the month when I have it in there.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

Cool...thanks bigbluejk. I don't think I have ever read anything bad about them. Everyone seems to love the Aussie!!!

Hope it goes well...
Old 01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Come on I know some people have this mod...where ya at???

I really want to know if it's worth it or if there would be more involved...would you need to rear gear or add new axle shafts or could you just go for the Aussie locker in the front with the Dana 30 on the X???? I'd probably only lock the front as it is my daily driver & like I said before money is tight so I have to get the most bang for my buck with each mod!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2. I like the price and the fact I can do the install, but I have two concerns:

1. When installed in the front, will they chatter/lock during a full lock turn on the street?

2. How do the mesh with the ESP system?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Hi, Ive had the Aussie in for about 3 months now (07 X with factory rear locker and power swaybar) love the aussie so far, on the street the only time you know its there is on a super tight turn, you can hear it unlock. Super easy install too, I bought the TJ thrust washers but didnt use them, I used the JK thrust washers and it works fine. Best bang for the buck mod so far...

I would like to know if the cover will clear though, I need a front one...

Old 01-16-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirt101
Hi, Ive had the Aussie in for about 3 months now (07 X with factory rear locker and power swaybar) love the aussie so far, on the street the only time you know its there is on a super tight turn, you can hear it unlock. Super easy install too, I bought the TJ thrust washers but didnt use them, I used the JK thrust washers and it works fine. Best bang for the buck mod so far...

I would like to know if the cover will clear though, I need a front one...

X2 I have Solid covers and would like to know if the Aussie will clear them too!!??!?!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I bought one, haven't put it in yet. I will let you know how I like it at the end of the month when I have it in there.
I wish you lived closer so I could give you a hand installing it
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 08redJKnCA
I wish you lived closer so I could give you a hand installing it
what is a plane ticket for some jeep modding fun? I will pick you up at the airport. Come on!

Quick Reply: Solid Covers and Aussie question