Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Softtop Help

Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The weatherstrip came with it. It was peel and stick and believe it or not it was straight when I first installed it. I think the constant latching and unlatching made it gradually move out. The passenger side looks pretty much the same.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hummmm. Well this isnt promising. I had the supertop NX (non twill) before this one and it fit perfectly. Sounds like the header wasnt molded correctly. Mine is so loud that I have to yell to talk to my passenger. And I have a road trip planned so not looking good here
Old 03-01-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tammy
Hummmm. Well this isnt promising. I had the supertop NX (non twill) before this one and it fit perfectly. Sounds like the header wasnt molded correctly. Mine is so loud that I have to yell to talk to my passenger. And I have a road trip planned so not looking good here
I haven't checked but maybe the footman loop has some play in it. Try loosening it and pulling it lower. You could always elongate the top of the bolt hole in the loop and drop it lower as well. Just a thought.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I haven't checked but maybe the footman loop has some play in it. Try loosening it and pulling it lower. You could always elongate the top of the bolt hole in the loop and drop it lower as well. Just a thought.

Good idea. Lemme go look into that.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tammy
Good idea. Lemme go look into that.

loop not loose at all. not sure how to modify it tho
Old 03-01-2015, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

You would have to remove it and use a drill or a file to make the bolt holes bigger (just at the top) so you could push it down a little and tighten.

Like this, where the black is the stock hole and the red is how you made it bigger.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Elongate.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	599303  
Old 03-01-2015, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
You would have to remove it and use a drill or a file to make the bolt holes bigger (just at the top) so you could push it down a little and tighten. Like this, where the black is the stock hole and the red is how you made it bigger.

gotcha

Quick Reply: Softtop Help