Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Softop for the summer

Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softop for the summer

So I only have a hard top right now on my JKU but was leaning towards getting a soft top for the summer so I wont have to deal with the cumbersome back roof piece every time I want to go topless. I am a big fan of the trektop safari style but was looking around and can't seem to find if the top actually folds all the way down or if Id have to take off the top all together. Anyone have experience with this top? Also I have a light bar on and Id assume that wont interfere with the top folding back but hey you know what they say about assuming
Old 03-17-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

The trek top does not fold completely down. It has the sun rider feature, which folds the front back but still covers the rear seats and cargo area. You can remove the windows and rear easily enough and fold the top half back and it's pretty open. You can remove the entire top if you wanted, but it's a pain in the ass in my opinion.

I have the trek top and I love it. I have two little monsters in the back so I like to keep them covered from the sun.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trektop is cool, but I'd suggest finding a used OEM top on Craigslist or something. I got mine for $300. They're easy to use & the whole top folds down.

If you decide later on you want to switch things up, you can sell it & try something else.

-Mike
Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Trektop is cool, but I'd suggest finding a used OEM top on Craigslist or something. I got mine for $300. They're easy to use & the whole top folds down.

If you decide later on you want to switch things up, you can sell it & try something else.

-Mike
Wow didn't think theyd go for that cheap, definitely gonna do that then. Is there any other necessary hardware or brackets needed for the soft top or should it mount to same as hard top?
Old 03-19-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

You'll need the plastic door surrounds so make sure you get those if you ebay or Craigslist.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

And some brackets from the rollbar and the tail gate bar. At least from what I've read. I have mine sitting in the garage to be installed this weekend so I'll know more then.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Ive got a soft top from my 2dr...used only one summer, asking $300...local pikup tho

Quick Reply: Softop for the summer