Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Softer shocks to replace FT M-force?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

After reading another post of red7's where he states that he got close to 4.5" of lift out of his kit installed on a 4-door, I let him know that 4WP most likely shipped him coils made by another manufacturer by mistake. I say this because every 4-door I have seen with a Full Traction 3" Ultimate Lift had coils that yielded exactly 3" of lift.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sure would explain a jolty ride.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
After reading another post of red7's where he states that he got close to 4.5" of lift out of his kit installed on a 4-door, I let him know that 4WP most likely shipped him coils made by another manufacturer by mistake. I say this because every 4-door I have seen with a Full Traction 3" Ultimate Lift had coils that yielded exactly 3" of lift.
Just to clarify, the entire kit was dropped shipped directly from FT and the coils were in the FT box with the lift hardware so if the coils are wrong then they must be FT 4" coils or maybe ones made for a really heavy vehicle.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's been a few months so I wanted to check back and see if anyone knew of any new softer shocks that have hit the market valved for these JKs? I can only assume it's because the roads in Mexico are so bad that I hate the M-force. My wife is pregnant and won't even ride in it until I fix the rock hard suspension. I've been thinking of trying the adjustable Rancho 9000, does anyone have experience with them? What about OME have they came out with any shocks for the JK?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, OME's are available for the JK. They are VERY soft and would probably suit you well, but with 4" of lift, you may have to use shock extensions because OME only makes 1 shock for the JK and it is about 3" longer than stock .
Old 03-22-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Red I have ft lift with skyjacker nitro shocks(not by choice, thanks to my shop) and I really like the ride, not harsh at all and they are only 39 a piece at quadratec, worth a try.

I just saw your post tonight of your supercross crash, are you fully healed and riding again yet?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nukeman
Yes, OME's are available for the JK. They are VERY soft and would probably suit you well, but with 4" of lift, you may have to use shock extensions because OME only makes 1 shock for the JK and it is about 3" longer than stock .
Are the OMEs designed for 3" lifts because the FT Ultimate I got is the 3" although it did give me more. ALso, are they valved specifically for the JK? I don't need insanely soft just something comfortable since much of the driving I do is on road. Heck, even off road the M-force were way too stiff but the guys from FT (who ended up being really cool over the phone) thought it was because I have a soft top and no tube bumpers to help weigh it down. The problem in Mexico is that a lot of the roads are cobblestone and even the concrete roads are done in small 10x10' sections and they aren't all level so every 10 feet or so you've got a bump.

I'd love to here about those adjustable Ranchos because then I could adjust them for Mexico streets, highway, off road. Anyone with experience?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man I wish! It's been 7 months and 2 surgeries and my wrist is still jacked. I started riding again a few weeks ago just jumping doubles but it hurts like hell if I land wrong or when there are braking bumps. The doc things I may need another surgery to get out some of the little bone fragments that are like shards of glass in my wrist causing the pain. I'm going to hold off as I'm still getting stronger every week all though the pain isn't residing. I think that crash wrecked me for life and too bad it was my right hand.

Thanks for asking!

Originally Posted by tkob1060
Hey Red I have ft lift with skyjacker nitro shocks(not by choice, thanks to my shop) and I really like the ride, not harsh at all and they are only 39 a piece at quadratec, worth a try.

I just saw your post tonight of your supercross crash, are you fully healed and riding again yet?
Old 03-22-2008, 10:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default shocks

hey red its been a while. as i said before , shocks would not give you that much of a stiff ride. fall back in love with your jeep and buy new springs ( I drive around in mexico with rancho springs) I can tell you my jeep drives better than my dd a vw bora. by the way i live in san luis potosi. hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Softer shocks to replace FT M-force?