Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Soft Top Quick Disconnects......problems

Old 04-09-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Soft Top Quick Disconnects......problems

Anyone else have this issue with the soft top quick disconnects? As you can see once installed in my soft top it does not line up with my jeep's bracket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	544422
Old 04-09-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't you just turn it a little?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

turn the quick disco knob a little or slightly bend the roll bar bracket..
augi
Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jrod250
Can't you just turn it a little?
Not really. With the silver set screw in, there is no real "fine" adjustment. Once the little silver set screw is in place that's it. Also when I originally installed them the soft top was out of the jeep, it was the winter. When I went to put the soft top in the Jeep with multiple ones like this made it impossible. I gave up after about 2hrs. I have contacted Morris and am working with them on return, replacement, etc.... Also to make matters worse the large pin that goes through the quick disconnect and then the jeep bracket will not fit through my jeep bracket without me having to drill it out. I could eventually make these work, by either rotating the quick disconnect 180 deg and re-drill and tap the set screw with it in place or bending my jeeps bracket and then also drill out jeep's bracket holes a little larger to accommodate the pin that goes through it all. But seems like a lot of work. Was just curious if anyone had these fit without having to do that much work.

Thanks for your reply and was not trying to sound like an a-hole but just curious if others had this much difficulty with these.

Last edited by reese006; 04-09-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by augichef
turn the quick disco knob a little or slightly bend the roll bar bracket..
augi
I was not wanting to bend my jeep's bracket unless it was absolutely necessary. In fact I would prefer to turn the quick disconnect 180 deg redrill and tap the set screw with everything in place. Also there is no real "fine" adjustment once the little set screw is place.

Thanks for your reply and was not trying to sound like an a-hole but just curious if others had this much difficulty with these.

Last edited by reese006; 04-09-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe there is a left and right and you have them backwards

Quick Reply: Soft Top Quick Disconnects......problems