Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Soft Top Question 2008 JKU

Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Soft Top Question 2008 JKU

I have the opportunity to buy a 2012 Mopar SoftTop (with door surrounds and everything) Will that fit on a 2008 JKU - i have done some investigation and it "seems" it will but I wanted to ask the experts (you guys and gals) Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby G
I have the opportunity to buy a 2012 Mopar SoftTop (with door surrounds and everything) Will that fit on a 2008 JKU - i have done some investigation and it "seems" it will but I wanted to ask the experts (you guys and gals) Thanks
As long as you have all the hardware, which it seems that you do. The door surrounds are the most important parts, that will allow the new style to work on the 07-09 JK's. Don't forget the brackets for the roll bar, that allow the top to rotate back, if you have a hardtop on now. Most people won't remove them with the top, since it is such a small part.

Shoot me a PM if you need anything else!

-Zach
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain

As long as you have all the hardware, which it seems that you do. The door surrounds are the most important parts, that will allow the new style to work on the 07-09 JK's. Don't forget the brackets for the roll bar, that allow the top to rotate back, if you have a hardtop on now. Most people won't remove them with the top, since it is such a small part.

-Zach
Yes it will fit like he said
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain

-Zach
Thanks for the info - so i have a hardtop on now - he said its a complete soft top with all hardware, door surrounds, etc...basaically he bought it with the hard and soft and doesnt want the soft top (i talked to him) so basically he is giving me everything that would come with a 2012 soft top. Are the brackets for the rollbar on his jeep with the hardtop and I need them or are they prob in with the hardware....sorry for the dumb question, just a little confused. Thanks!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

The center hook thing for the hard top along the header is in a slightly different place on the older Jeeps. I have a 2008 top on my 2011 and had to notch out the header part of the soft top for it to close properly. You will probably have to do the same.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

This part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364327925.720608.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	438729
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

got ya, thanks - and kudos for best screen name on board...

Originally Posted by ballsdeep
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bobby G
Thanks for the info - so i have a hardtop on now - he said its a complete soft top with all hardware, door surrounds, etc...basaically he bought it with the hard and soft and doesnt want the soft top (i talked to him) so basically he is giving me everything that would come with a 2012 soft top. Are the brackets for the rollbar on his jeep with the hardtop and I need them or are they prob in with the hardware....sorry for the dumb question, just a little confused. Thanks!!!!
BobbyG,

If he's running the hardtop and hasn't even opened the soft top box, I'd bet they are in the box. Jeeps that left the factory with a hardtop don't have the brackets, so even though he got the dual tops,they are most likely in the box.

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions!

-Zach
Old 03-30-2013, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

If not, I think the screws and brackets were like $40 from the dealer.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Question 2008 JKU