Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Soft top jeep jk's

Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jake14
Mines actually a four door JKU
Aahh, gotcha. Well I don't have an opinion, since I've never dealt with it before. If you have an extra set of hands...completely removing the top is a breeze, once it's already down.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsukey
Aahh, gotcha. Well I don't have an opinion, since I've never dealt with it before. If you have an extra set of hands...completely removing the top is a breeze, once it's already down.
I might get those quick release knuckles.. Just paid 45$ to get my costa del mar sunglasses repaired but a definite need for jeeps.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Since you're looking at going mostly topless, I would recommend a Spiderweb Shade for your Jeep. I absolutely love mine! It looks and feels like trampoline material. It blocks out the UV rays, but still lets light and the breeze through. I completely shave my head, so things like that are important to me!! I still keep sunscreen on...but I'm not constantly applying it anymore.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Since you're looking at going mostly topless, I would recommend a Spiderweb Shade for your Jeep. I absolutely love mine! It looks and feels like trampoline material. It blocks out the UV rays, but still lets light and the breeze through. I completely shave my head, so things like that are important to me!! I still keep sunscreen on...but I'm not constantly applying it anymore.
Already got one actually and I agree !
Old 03-24-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jake14
Already got one actually and I agree !
Good deal, happy Jeeping!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Learn how to fold it properly.
This is my third soft top jeep, and have never had a problem with the top.
Take your time and get the folds right. I run with no back seat, and the top sits flat.
Besides, what are you gonna do if it starts to rain?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're most likely getting the "W" fold wrong when first folding back the Sunrider portion. The top part of the pic is wrong. If you fold it wrong the bows angle upward and it looks like shit. I see people driving around town with it wrong most of the time. If you do it right it lays completely flat out of sight of the rear view mirror.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1310145232.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	540372  
Old 03-24-2014, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does Spiderweb eliminate some road noise? Oh and my soft top folds fine as well.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 PM
JK Freak

It eliminates some of the wind buffeting...that's about it. It's designed only to give a little bit of shade. I have a soft top with half doors, so wind noise isn't something that I worry about. The best thing about it...you never have to take it off again. It's designed to stay in place if you want to put the top up.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

It eliminates some of the wind buffeting...that's about it. It's designed only to give a little bit of shade. I have a soft top with half doors, so wind noise isn't something that I worry about. The best thing about it...you never have to take it off again. It's designed to stay in place if you want to put the top up.
Great thanks for the info. Will probably get one, don't want to get skin cancer

Quick Reply: Soft top jeep jk's