Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Soft Ride Coils?

Old 10-18-2011, 05:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
this is what i would recommend as well. we've run a lot of different coils and of them, these are by far the softest. the full traction coils have a lot of winds and a really soft spring rate as well.

Originally Posted by Jeep Hound
from what i have been reading it seems like teraflex has the softer coils. as they specify what hight the coils give you on a 4 or 2 doors for each coil hight
while the TF coils provide a nice ride, in my opinion, they ride on the firm side and, based on what i hearing from you, may not be what you want.

thank you this seems to be exactly what i am looking for

but what do you think they mean by "Removes much of the factory rack" <----- ??
as already mentioned, i think he meant to say "Rake" as in, the front end looking lower than the rear of your jeep.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife

this is what i would recommend as well. we've run a lot of different coils and of them, these are by far the softest. the full traction coils have a lot of winds and a really soft spring rate as well.

while the TF coils provide a nice ride, in my opinion, they ride on the firm side and, based on what i hearing from you, may not be what you want.

as already mentioned, i think he meant to say "Rake" as in, the front end looking lower than the rear of your jeep.
I ordered a set of the EVO plush ride coils from northridge Canada, this should solve my problems.

thanks for the info

Last edited by Jeep Hound; 10-20-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The EVO Plush Coils are a god send. My only complain is their height is less than my last 4" coil and they are softer so I have even less height. Worth the comfort for sure.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by aermotor
The EVO Plush Coils are a god send. My only complain is their height is less than my last 4" coil and they are softer so I have even less height. Worth the comfort for sure.
Thanks for the good words about the EVO Plush Rides.

Our coils are 4" of lift on a stock 4Door JK. If you want it taller just add a simple 1/2" - 1" coil spacer and you are good to go with a great ride.

EVO...
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I emailed you a few days ago Andrew about this issue and never heard back

I already have a 1" spacer and it still sags. I fear switching to a 2" spacer will do nothing but compress the coils further, rather than actually increasing my rear height.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by aermotor
I emailed you a few days ago Andrew about this issue and never heard back

I already have a 1" spacer and it still sags. I fear switching to a 2" spacer will do nothing but compress the coils further, rather than actually increasing my rear height.
I did not get an email from anyone in reference to springs, but give me a call or email me at info@evomfg.com. We can discuss.

EVO
714-879-8913
Old 12-23-2015, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default Softer springs?

I ordered a set of the EVO plush ride coils from northridge Canada, this should solve my problems.

thanks for the info
Hey, i just wanted to know how these worked out because im looking for the same thing, a softer ride. Thanks
Old 12-23-2015, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew@EVOMFG
Thanks for the good words about the EVO Plush Rides. Our coils are 4" of lift on a stock 4Door JK. If you want it taller just add a simple 1/2" - 1" coil spacer and you are good to go with a great ride. EVO...
I have a fully equipped 4dr. If I went with 3" springs how much lift would I truly get? I'm aiming for 2-2.5" lift. Also, since these are soft how much sag over one year??

Quick Reply: Soft Ride Coils?