Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Soft brake pedal

Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronin2120
Alright so just to make sure I understand this correctly. I use the ecu reader to check for the abs error then bleed the base break system. Clear the codes and rebleed the base brakes again continue this process until the brake pedal hardens. Sounds like I'm going to be going through a lot of brake fluid. Thanks for the info
well, sounds like your abs pump has air in it. the scan tool just pumps the abs pump to get it out. with out the pump being cycled the air wont escape. some say to off road and hit the brakes hard to set it off to get the abs working. changing brake line is no problem because the air is after the abs pump. but since the system wasn't bleed right and sucked up that air before the abs pump is where the problems start. good luck getting it fixed hope that teraflex big brake kit works out. kinda sucks to spend that coin on that and your brakes feel soft.

Quick Reply: Soft brake pedal