Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sof top window Window Storage Duffle ??

Old 05-29-2015, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sof top window Window Storage Duffle ??

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these window duffle bags. For my 010 JK.
Anyone having a problem with the windows being to long for the bag ?
Any brands recommended. I am thinking Bestop.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have one not sure of the brand came with the soft top I purchased,, the one I have fits fine and I really really like it my windows fit fine
Old 05-29-2015, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

so do the windows fit in the duffels laying flat? AKA not rolled or folded up? I've been looking at some, but couldn't figure out if they are basically as big as the window panel or not. I'd rather have something that condenses the size to store easily in the vehicle.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The windows lay flat in the duffle and the whole thing then gets rolled up. I ended up making my own because the rear window on my 2014 was longer than the duffle felt by about 4".
Old 05-30-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
The windows lay flat in the duffle and the whole thing then gets rolled up. I ended up making my own because the rear window on my 2014 was longer than the duffle felt by about 4".
Do you care to share what you did, or did you do a write up on it? i was thinking of ways to make my own after watching some youtube reviews of the Bestop one.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Andy_PHA
Do you care to share what you did, or did you do a write up on it? i was thinking of ways to make my own after watching some youtube reviews of the Bestop one.
Wasn't hard really. I bought some felt and exterior rot resistant thread from Walmart. Cut the felt into 2 long pieces (after measuring the windows) and folded them over staggered...

Stuck a small noodle from Walmart in the fold of one of them to prevent pinching and then sewed a fairly straight line across (first time I ever used a sewing machine, I had to google how to use it)...

Bought some Velcro strapping on a roll and cut off a couple of pieces. It sticks to the felt...

Bought some nylon waterproof fabric off Amazon and sewed it (inside out) into a bag with a drawstring I had left over from my Trek Armor seat covers...

That last pic is without the windows in it. With the windows the bag is full. I rolled up the windows before measuring for the bag.

Took about 4 hours I would say. Spent about 30 bucks IIRC. Wouldn't want to do it again though...lol

Last edited by 14Sport; 05-30-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of putting my own together like the poster above, but I ended up at a Jeep shop that had the Rugged Ridge brand one that I ended up picking up. I have a soft top from a 2014, and the windows fit in just fine.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by corupt1
I was thinking of putting my own together like the poster above, but I ended up at a Jeep shop that had the Rugged Ridge brand one that I ended up picking up. I have a soft top from a 2014, and the windows fit in just fine.
Well that's great if they finally fixed the problem. I hope Cloverpatch and Bestop follow suit. I would go that route too if the size wasn't an issue, but it was when I got my Jeep. Yeah I hate sewing that much.

Last edited by 14Sport; 05-30-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Sof top window Window Storage Duffle ??