Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

So who's running NO spare?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepingNet
I'll eventually get a full sized spare and tire carrier but as you said it is a lot of money for something I might not run.. To save money I plan to put a used 35 on.
A spare is used in the 5 tire rotation. So it is definitely being used just like any other tire. But then if you wait too long or buy a used one, then you gonna end up with 1 tire significantly different from the other 4.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tatrhed
Don't forget a jack that will get the 35's of the ground. Spare won't do much good until you can actually get the flat one off.
The stock jack is sufficient, if you stack some 2x4's.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running no spare in the city for a good 6 months now. Have the Rancho tire delete and removed my rear carrier. All in all, saving a good 100lbs off the rear. I do have a full size spare I include in my 5 tire rotation, but I only carry it with me when I'm wheeling. Strap it down in the trunk along with the rest of the gear and good to go. So Basically, buy the spare and rim, scratch the rear carrier until you can justify spending the $$.

Quick Reply: So who's running NO spare?