Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

so where is the hp?

Old 11-06-2016, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which is about what youd expect out of a jk with 35s and 488s for fuel mileage. Benefit is a butload more hp ad tq and like you said as long as power delivery is smooth theres no place on or off the road that less is better.
Originally Posted by jedg
FWIW. I have a 2011 JKU with 4.88 gears, 35s (measure 33.25), L96 6.0L with a 6L80E transmission, overall weight of the vehicle with 1/2 tank of fuel is 5628 lbs. I get 12-14 in town and 15-17 on the highway (at 70 mph).

As for too much torque on the rocks ( I actually do rock crawl mine ), no such thing. Too much gas pedal, sometimes... not enough traction, sometimes... but when I have traction, I crawl over stuff others have to put a whole lot more pedal to in order to get over the obstacle...
Old 11-07-2016, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I edelbrock supercharged my 3.6L and I noticed much of a difference either. But I am on ford/chevy tons and 40s. The boost kicks in but the jeep doesnt seem to want to move, as in, power to the ground seems to lack there of...

Quick Reply: so where is the hp?