Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

So...what do you guys think?

Old 03-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Quadratec Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aaholland
Love the rims. Will they get aproved by the DOT? Is there an ETA on that?

the wheels are DOT approved, they even have a stamp on the inside of the wheel so you get no trouble...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What makes them DOT approved is they still have the bead lip on the inside so you can run them normally and just have the rings on as 'trim' or you can run them as true bead locks.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think it looks bad a$$ and im sure it will perform if i can get mine to look that way i will be happy
Old 03-12-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

I agree with most here. I think both builds look funky. I'm all for function, but damn, at least take a crack at form. The flares on both vehicles look out of whack. And the bumper that looked soo promising in the sema show pictures does look huge now. I'm sure my jeep has seen more off road action than alot of lifted mall cruizers, and it's bone stock. If I was doing enough extreme wheeling to warrant the stage two build, then I would consider having a tube buggy built instead.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

here's what a two door might look like with the fenders beneath painted black; they're growing on me
Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

woops didn't load, how do you load a file that's not too big; this is rediculous
Old 05-03-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quadratec
What makes them DOT approved is they still have the bead lip on the inside so you can run them normally and just have the rings on as 'trim' or you can run them as true bead locks.
According to matt at AEV this statement is false....
i was really hoping that it was true.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

I think your company should start offering a military or jk-forum discount so I don't have to keep ordering from 4 wheel drive hardware or 4 wheel parts and throwing your catalog in the trash

oh and as for beadlocks being illegal: I can say bananas are illegal but until you show me PROOF that they are then it does not mean squat.
And i have NOT seen a stature for either bananas or beadlocks.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, i dont care about the legality about them, but that is not what i was writing about.

These wheels can only be used as a beadlock, there is no "inner bead lip on the inside so you can run them normally and just have the rings on as 'trim' "
Old 05-09-2007, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default For everyone's info...

I agree that in that current photo the fenders don't look right, however I did watch the show where these were installed and they pointed out that you can easily remove the outer portion of the fender leaving just the inside bar mounted so you can get through tighter spots without damage. This was to counter the complaints of the JK being wider than previous Wranglers. They are an interesting idea and are made for serious trail riding.

Quick Reply: So...what do you guys think?