Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

So what to do with all those extras???

Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what to do with all those extras???

So I just finished a set of upgrades on the 2012. New LOD Bumpers, Teraflex 2.5 lift and new 315/70R17s on Pro Comp Rims. So that means I end up with some extra low mileage parts (JK only had just over 11K on it when I converted) so the question is what do I do with old bumpers, springs, shocks etc?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Put them in a box and stash it away. I have a set of 4 door, hard top, 19/59 springs and Rubicon shocks with 700 miles I'm selling to a buddy for around $100. I'd keep them if I didn't have a friend that could use them.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put them up for sale here, CL or eBay. Rubi shocks and springs will sell fast, not sure what model you have.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Craigslist!!! I sold my bumpers on CL to some folks who had been in little fender benders (not with each other). Great way to help fund your mods...

-JV
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost nothing on my Jeep is stock anymore. All the metal parts from adding lift and so on, I held for a while and finally gave to the Junk Man for recycle. I now have my stock drive shafts. I will offer them free to whoever, then given them to the junk man. I did sell one bumer and tossed the other. And so on. I just don't have the room to let it build up in my garage. I did keep the back seat for resale of my Jeep someday or perhaps a kid might go and need a spot to sit.

Quick Reply: So what to do with all those extras???