Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

So in the spirit of my new Wrangler I bought some stuff... and now I need help

Old 09-10-2015, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So in the spirit of my new Wrangler I bought some stuff... and now I need help

So I scored a pile of Smittybilt XRC bumper parts for a great price in the hopes of knocking out some mods. Long story short, I should have everything I need to build my front XRC MOD bumper with a bull bar and full width ends but the back bumper/tire carrier has me a bit confused. I've been looking online and I seem to have ended up with some sort of franken-carrier that I can't find anywhere. The back bumper appears to be for a TJ but I'm thinking I can make it work on my JK. The problem is I'm looking at pics/parts online and my carrier has a tire mount from a TJ carrier but the point where it mounts to the bumper looks like a JK carrier. I also know I'm short a couple parts besides nuts and bolts.

Anybody have experience with these and wanna look at some pics to tell me what I need and what the heck is going on with the tire carrier?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	624274   Click image for larger version

Views:	181
Size:	781.6 KB
ID:	624275   Click image for larger version

Views:	180
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	624276   Click image for larger version

Views:	193
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	624277   Click image for larger version

Views:	154
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	624278  

Last edited by MedicSpinzzz; 09-10-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Did you piece together all these parts from vendors? Different people? Was this a package deal?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
Did you piece together all these parts from vendors? Different people? Was this a package deal?
I got them all together as a scratch and dent deal. I was told everything they had was for the JK but obviously it wasn't. So I'm looking into either an exchange or reselling it all.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MedicSpinzzz
I got them all together as a scratch and dent deal. I was told everything they had was for the JK but obviously it wasn't. So I'm looking into either an exchange or reselling it all.
I would send the parts not for a JK back. I understand the scratch and dent but they could have at least sent you JK parts!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

I would send the parts not for a JK back. I understand the scratch and dent but they could have at least sent you JK parts!
Yeah I had a friend pick them up for me but I have a call into the place and I'm gonna see if they'll do an exchange. I'm thinking they will I just have to get everything loaded up and go out there on Monday.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MedicSpinzzz
Yeah I had a friend pick them up for me but I have a call into the place and I'm gonna see if they'll do an exchange. I'm thinking they will I just have to get everything loaded up and go out there on Monday.
Good luck bro....I hope it works out for ya!
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Good luck bro....I hope it works out for ya!
Just wanted to update and say that they ok'd the switch and I'm soon to be installing a Smittybilt MOD front bumper with full width end caps and bull bar, an atlas rear bumper with tire carrier and armored side steps. All for less than half the price of the rear bumper retail.

Quick Reply: So in the spirit of my new Wrangler I bought some stuff... and now I need help