Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

So my throttle body cracked...

Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So my throttle body cracked...

This is crap im so frustrated right now i got an air rad CAI and installed it to the T i didnt cut any corners or rig anything and it was fine when i put it all back together i did notice that the coupling that ties the CAI to the TB was a bit to small for one and it was really stiff well after a day of driving it there is a crack in my TB any ideas on what to do anybody?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Good time to slap a viper throttle body on there. Not expensive and may give a little boost in performance too
Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Check a scrapyard or tb. Mine cracked a while back and was able get one with low miles and in good condition for around $100
Old 01-02-2013, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Good time to slap a viper throttle body on there. Not expensive and may give a little boost in performance too
Where do i find one of those is viper the name brand or does it come off a dodge viper car i know thats a stupid question but i really dont know #thinking
Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a throttle body off a dodge viper. You can find them online. For like 130.00
Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My first option would be yay!! Now I have an excuse to get a big bore throttle body.

If you want to keep it find someone with a TIG welder they can slap a bead on it grind it down smooth and your good to go. I'm glad I'm certified to weld with a TIG, MIG, Oxy acetylene, and Arc "stick" so I don't have someone else weld for it me, I like to do my own work.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
My first option would be yay!! Now I have an excuse to get a big bore throttle body.

If you want to keep it find someone with a TIG welder they can slap a bead on it grind it down smooth and your good to go. I'm glad I'm certified to weld with a TIG, MIG, Oxy acetylene, and Arc "stick" so I don't have someone else weld for it me, I like to do my own work.
Im journeymen out of the welder/pipefitters union local 188 so im right there with you welding is a good trade to have but throttle bodies on the 3.8 motor are plastic
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
Its a throttle body off a dodge viper. You can find them online. For like 130.00
Will it plug right in and bolt up the same are any additional mods needed
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKJeepJunkie
Will it plug right in and bolt up the same are any additional mods needed
Straight bolt on, reuse old hardware, probably won't see a difference IMO.

Quick Reply: So my throttle body cracked...