Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Should i spray paint my JK flat black?
Yes rattle away
26.81%
Yes paint but not with spray paint
22.46%
No you friggin idiot!
50.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

So I'm thinking spray painting my jeep...

Old 12-29-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenjeep
DO NOT WET SAND!!! You will totally f@#k up your paint (especially since it is black).

I've been detailing cars for years and this statement is just plain wrong. The ONLY downside of wetsanding your paint is every time you do it you are taking a little of your clear coat off. In other words, if you do it too often you'll end up hitting base coat and THAT will look like ass. I've wet sanded many black cars and the customers tell me they look better than they did right out of the showroom.

With that said, I find it funny that you are worried about the look of the scratches on a Jeep and your first thought is to rattle can it. I've rattle canned my motorcycle, but it took me a looong time. I also had to wet sand the hell out of it to get it to look decent.

I'm glad you've decided to use bedliner, but look at the difference between Rhino and Line-X. Rhino works fine for a truck bed, but Line-X ends up with a better finish. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: So I'm thinking spray painting my jeep...