Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

So i got my K&N air filter today

Old 03-14-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The K&N won't hurt your engine and it is re-usable.

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Yes, we're serious. You really need to keep in mind when modifying, the factory stuff is pretty hard to improve upon. It can be done, but it ain't all that easy.
Heh. So you mean like removing and/or relocating the rear muffler, or moving the evap. canister, or adding a better suspension and better tires, or a better sounding audio system, or a better clutch, or adding better foglights and headlights, drilling the side view mirrors? Things like that aren't gross improvements to what the factory made?

In all vehicles, the manufacturer and it's engineers come out with some pretty good stuff but when you put it in the hands of the people who use it, things start getting better.

Last edited by riverzendz; 03-14-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant211
my 2 cents -
i've been using K&N filters for over 10 years now.

2 vehicles had the cold air intake system on them too. I never had a problem with them.

I did however notice the throttle body get a little grimey over time... i just cleaned it off with some throttle body cleaner. This took some time to develop the dirt though. I am confident it would still be difrty if I used a paper filter.

I never keep the vehicles long enough to find out if there are any long term effects.
I think we can all agree that dirty air is not good for an engine. However I have not seen any real proof that a K&N has caused any direct engine damage, or even lead to shorter life. Personally I wouldn't be too concerned about it, though if I lived in a really dusty climate I might consider extra precautions (even running a snorkle). I ran a K&N on my former Corvette with no issues, but I chose Airaid for my JK.

Quick Reply: So i got my K&N air filter today