Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which Hitch?
Draw Tie
3.85%
Hidden Hitch
15.38%
OEM Mopar Hitch
57.69%
Rugged Ridge
0%
Reese
7.69%
Rampage
0%
Dont matter... which ever is cheaper...
15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

So which hitch is which????????

Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So which hitch is which????????

long story short... what hitches are you running. what are the differences and any advice on which one should i get? thanks yall!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

I got none of the above - I went with a Rough Country Hitch for about $90. OEM specs. It's perfect!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/rough-country-trailer-hitch-30632/
Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

I'm not sure how many of you have noticed but there are some big differences between some of them such as wiring harness holders and such. I'm sorry but I don't know which one does or doesn't but there is certainly a difference in features in some.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the MOPAR from the factory. Originally I was going to install a hitch myself after I bought the Jeep but the dealer threw it in installed for the same cost as I would pay to buy the hitch ($70) I believe.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paratus13
I got none of the above - I went with a Rough Country Hitch for about $90. OEM specs. It's perfect!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30632
I bought the RC one off ebay. IIRC it was $80 shipped. I think the stealership wanted $140 uninstalled. Installation is really easy and straight forward. I didn't have the issues other have had with the 4th bolt not lining up.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the factory hitch as some stick out oddly and some of the early aftermarket ones are stamped "not tow rated" which is something in Pa that gets checked at DOT stops. And yes I have been stopped and weights checked in my work truck and my private truck. Up where I live We only have St. Police so We get all the fun sobriety check points, insurance check points, seat belt check points and trailer/truck regulation check points.. always fun!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the hidden hitch one from Quadratec.com and it works really well and takes tons of rock hits without bending so far but it olny downfall is that it does stick out pretty far compaired to the stock one. Pic for proof.

I think its kind of good to protect the spare though.

Quick Reply: So which hitch is which????????