Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

So confused...

Old 11-22-2013, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't read these replies but I have first hand exp here. For more travel (which you will want) you will need shocks, you might as well anyway because you're getting some sweet springs. I left my rear sway bar links in and got free links for a 4" lift up front, works perfectly for my rubi sway bar, if you don't have quick disconnects now then you should go that rout, money well spent. I made very simple brake line drop brackets for the rear. In the front you can pull your brake line out if the silver bracket on your steering knuckle and discard, this gives you plenty of slack. There was a fair amount of pressure bolting my stick track bars back up, so I went JKS with a reinforcement in the rear within a few weeks. Hope this helps some, good luck!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

If your in need of shock extensions, I have mine left over from my TF 2.5" coil lift. They are yours.....just pay for shipping
Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor

Look at TeraFlex 1.5" coils, Synergy Suspension 2" coils, or Rock Krawler 1.5 coils (available next month) for what you're looking to do. Synergy's coils are the only progressive rate front and rear coils at this point. Rock Krawler's will be a triple rate, which will act much like a progressive spring in regard to handling weight. The Teraflex springs are linear.

You can save your stock shocks with a set of shock extension brackets that just bolt in.

Instead of buying sway bar links for the front just find someone who replaced their stock rear links and then put them on the front of yours.

Your Jeep will be just find outside of those few components for the use you're interested in.

Hope this helps.

Marcus
Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You can simply add a 2" coil without anything else.

I would do the no load OME coils not the hd because you will get more like 3" of lift from them unless you are real heavy.

This set up would be fine for you just driving around on the road. If you plan to take your rig off road then I would really Highly Recommend that you make some additional adjustments.
Read the link in my signature for some additional information on your suspension components and what they do.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

If you're going to do 33s you just as soon do it right.

New wheels with 4.5" BS will help maintain turning radius with 11.5" wide tires. (Not required but recommended.)

Some 2" lift kits are designed for 33s from the get-go. They include bump stop extensions, break line drops, new shocks and springs.

1) Bump stop extensions protect your fenders from tire rub (stuffed).

2) Break line drop brackets prevent brake line damage when longer shocks give you more down-travel.

3) New shocks will give you more down-travel (and more total travel) to make up for extended bump stops. Also they give better handling and ride with heavier tires.

4) New springs or spacers (or a combination) give you the lift.

Here's the installation instructions for Rancho's 2" Sport Lift designed for 33 x 11.5 tires.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/165849.pdf

Reviews here:
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rancho RS66109BR9 Suspension System

I have the Rancho 4" Sport Lift with RS9000XL shocks and can highly recommend them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130629_120413_032.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	512413  

Quick Reply: So confused...