Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snowplow for JK

Old 04-12-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Snowplow for JK

I have begun a search for a snowplow for my 2dr JK. I am selling my truck with a 7.5 ft western ultra mount because I don't do nearly as much plowing as I used to and I am just holding on to two customers that have very small lots. Anyone that has ever plowed would appreciate a short wheelbase vehicle such as the JK.

Has anyone found any manufacturers yet? I am hoping the replacable sections of frame aren't preventing a plow from being marketed.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that's a great idea.

im moving to my new base in Montana in july, that could be a nice source of extra income if i found anyone to pay....

i'd like to see something for this as well
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

i would love to plow with the jk is there anything that could be done to do this. my dealer also said shouldn't plow because it to light or something but i just need to plow a small parking lot , driveways etc. but i don't want to tear anything up . i seen snow way plows with like jeep libertys and stuff
Old 06-24-2007, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Boss will have one this year. See this post.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=plow
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

sno-way makes an awesome light weight kit for not only JK's but all types of jeeps. They are kind of pricey, but worth it, cause they are lighter weight.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snoway plows are light and have heard a few great things about their strength.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=snow%20plow

Lexan plows can push all the snow you want ... but being light weight the blade can ride up ontop of the snow meaning several passes over the packed snow your tracks left behind. Backbladeing snow ... not so much. Big plus is half the weight of a conventional steel and third less than aluminium.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:52 PM
JK Super Freak

A snow plow would be awesome! BUT if i'm not mistaken, they are bad for your transmission
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, it's just a lot of extra wear for your transmission. Personally, I'd get an old beater jeep and use it only for plowing.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi

You "can" plow with a JK but I would be VERY gentle. As you probably already know plowing can eat up a vehicle. I plow with a BOSS plow on a 1 ton diesel dually. It's the "V" type plow. And although they are nice, they are indeed VERY heavy. I don't think I would use a solid steel plow on the JK. The lexan Sno-way plows are VERY nice. And yes, you may have to make a couple more passes at the snow, depending on the conditions, but think about the less wear and tear on your JK. Even if I did go with the Sno-way, I would still take it REALLY easy if you want to keep your JK for something other than plowing.

Quick Reply: Snowplow for JK