Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snow plow

Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Now I'm not saying your Jeep can't plow, my local snow plow shop just installed a Myers on a 2 door Rubicon. It was sitting on 35's, with a 3" lift, and aftermarket bumpers, it looked awesome. I'm sure it would be perfect for driveways with the small wheelbase too! Just make sure you don't skip out on the extras.
yea I am on the same page as you. The Meyer's home plow was designed for mounting on the everyday midsize to full SUV for doing driveways, nothing more really. Sounds like the OP is ready to go with something like the Meyer's home plow, would just make sure you have the trans cooler/electric fan. better safe then sorry for only about $100 add on part.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks guys. I'm buying a truck next year to plow and the jeep will be a stand by. It only has to work this year.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll post the results. I hope it is good. I only need one season out of her
Old 10-03-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sno-way 22 series polycarbonate blade 275 lbs.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

I like the home plow. I didn't see that when I was looking last year. I ended up with a snowblower anyway. Then I am not called to clear everyone in the county's driveways. I can handle my neighbors... If they show an Excape doing it then I am sure we can!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

I plow with my JK I have 150 feet of driveway and it has had no issues. Snowbear sold through Canadian Tire.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Snow sport all the way!

I've been using the snow-sport for 4 years now. It goes through 3ft of snow without too much trouble in my lifted 4dr Sahara. The key is to get a good mount. I had a 4in OD square steel beam cross welded to the frame on drop down steel plates, with the receiver mounted underneath. Two smaller struts go backwards to give it more support. I like to make little mountains of snow and then crash into them at 30mph -it's like a snow bomb went off!

Quick Reply: Snow plow