Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snow plow

Old 10-02-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow plow

Does anybody plow snow with their jku ?? I don't want to buy a truck this winter and was wondering if I could get by with a plow on my jeep. Doing 40 driveways a snowfall. Commercial use Just driveways
Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not have one, but always wanted one of these. Small, versitle and no commercial price!

Home Plow by Meyer
Old 10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

It hard on full size trucks better off buying a snowblower or if you have a quad put one on that
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKingAround
It hard on full size trucks better off buying a snowblower or if you have a quad put one on that
Use a snow blower on 40 driveways. That would take all day. Quads can't go on roads
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its true, plows are hard on vehicles. but if you were only using it on your driveway I dont think it would hurt that much. Now if you were doing it as a side job and doing multiple driveways or parking lots every day all day then yes. But for probably less then a dozen heavy uses per year and the rest being minor-light clean up jobs. Dont think it would hurt that much.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedOffRoad
Its true, plows are hard on vehicles. but if you were only using it on your driveway I dont think it would hurt that much.
True but how often does the owner of a plow do just their driveway?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got a GMC 3500HD Diesel 4x4 that I do light snow plowing with. Even with this truck I needed to upgrade the suspension (it even came with a snow plow prep package from the factory!). I suggest a Rubicon if you want to plow, you'll need the heavy duty axles. Look into an electric fan as well, engines and transmissions tend to overheat (the plow blocks airflow) with the constant back and forth low speed high RPM driving.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 10-03-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

40 driveways every snow fall. It's light commercial use
Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
I've got a GMC 3500HD Diesel 4x4 that I do light plowing with. Even for this truck I needed to upgrade the suspension and it came with a snow plow prep package from the factory!
I have upgraded suspension The plow on you truck is heavier. You tube shows jeeps doing a great job. I guess I'll buy a truck. I wanted to save the money
Old 10-03-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Now I'm not saying your Jeep can't plow, my local snow plow shop just installed a Myers on a 2 door Rubicon. It was sitting on 35's, with a 3" lift, and aftermarket bumpers, it looked awesome. I'm sure it would be perfect for driveways with the small wheelbase too! Just make sure you don't skip out on the extras.

Quick Reply: Snow plow