Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE
AEV
56.14%
RIVER RAIDER
35.96%
VOLANT
7.89%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Snorkels snorkels snorkels

Old 11-08-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snorkels snorkels snorkels

I REALLY DON'T CARE IF YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE IT BUT I'M IN FOR A VOLANT
Old 11-08-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

I have not seen the Volant...I can say the RR is very nice but I went with the AEV.

For the record and I can say this as fact.....the AEV is by far the best snorkel ever on my jeep.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the River Raider is cool
Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'm for the AEV. i'm not carzy about the square corners on the RR... needs to be more of a formed shape IMO. after seeing the volant in the sema pics... i have to wonder how they are doing the underside of the hood.

on a side note, you didn't include the ARB safari snorkel in this??? i don't really like that one either.... hahaha.....
Old 11-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -MAW-
I REALLY DON'T CARE IF YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE IT BUT I'M IN FOR A VOLANT
I guess someone has to like the hood leeches. Seriously, I'm not really happy with any of the designs for one reason or another.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Volant is out of the question (terribly ugly). I think I'm going to end up going with the RR because for one it's metal vs. plastic. For two I think the AEV looks to long and stretched out. It might have looked better if they moved it farther up the hood.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree on that the Safari Snorkel should have been included. I also agree on that they are all very unappealing to look at. Will probably design my own when I find a decent fabricator. I would swap the stock filter box for cyclone filter box from a Caterpillar or similar truck. They come watertight and with intake and exits already made into it.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh yeah... i forgot to add this earlier... volant took the longest to get something out for us to see, and that's the best they could do?? i think they should take some more time............................ i'd rather put that hummer "hood louver thing" on my hood
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I only included these three because this is my poll and these are three that I would go w/t

I like how Volant is not hanging out to the side too much
I like how RR is tight to the body
I like the price of AEV

I don't like RR for the fact that I have to cut into my quarter pannel and have all that rubber hosing inside there

I don't like the fact that AEV means I have to cut out my bushwackers but it is rock solid

waiting to see the how Volant sets up under the hood and besides leeches are good for you
Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by -MAW-
I only included these three because this is my poll and these are three that I would go w/t

I like how Volant is not hanging out to the side too much
I like how RR is tight to the body
I like the price of AEV

I don't like RR for the fact that I have to cut into my quarter pannel and have all that rubber hosing inside there

I don't like the fact that AEV means I have to cut out my bushwackers but it is rock solid

waiting to see the how Volant sets up under the hood and besides leeches are good for you
I think rod as the AEV which he cut into his bushwackers...it looks pretty good.

Quick Reply: Snorkels snorkels snorkels