Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

snorkels... pros & cons

Old 01-15-2015, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
Engineers..... I love engineers. Eapecially the ones that think they are the only smart people in the room. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_L...hool_explosion I still want a snorkle. Maybe i want it just for looks, because in the end, im the only one i am out to impress. Maybe i will get the chance to test it out one day? No real downside to me.
I know all about educated engineers! I do work in the oilfield and see educated engineers screw up a well making decent production cause they think everything is right when a computer says it is! But, those educated engineers have no freaking idea what the well is doing from the true value of see for yourself! Just cause his title is an engineer don't mean he knows a damn thing! Seems to me that everyone here has the facts to back up their comments, where as the educated engineer can only look at pictures like he's looking at green eggs and ham! I bet the OP is all screwed up after this thread!

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I learned a lot in this thread I tell ya! All this info got my head spinning! Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Me too. I want my snorkel to have the vortex thingy that spins the dust and dirt out. That sounds like an awesome solution to remove debris and yet not lose any airflow to the engine. I wonder how much room that device takes up?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Me too. I want my snorkel to have the vortex thingy that spins the dust and dirt out. That sounds like an awesome solution to remove debris and yet not lose any airflow to the engine. I wonder how much room that device takes up?
I think I'm gonna leave mine the way it is and just tell the educated engineer that I installed the vortex thingy so he can feel like he accomplished something! But don't say anything, ok? I really wanna seem like I like the educated engineer!......Shhhhhhh

Old 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

I think I'm gonna leave mine the way it is and just tell the educated engineer that I installed the vortex thingy so he can feel like he accomplished something! But don't say anything, ok? I really wanna seem like I like the educated engineer!......Shhhhhhh Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Thats just mean! Lol. I want the vortex thingy dammit! There has to BE A Way! There has to be a way to build it.......maybe a coffee can and some duct tape hooked to the aev snorkel?....
Old 01-15-2015, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Thats just mean! Lol. I want the vortex thingy dammit! There has to BE A Way! There has to be a way to build it.......maybe a coffee can and some duct tape hooked to the aev snorkel?....
Let's call AEV in the morning and we can get the ball Rollin' on that!

Old 01-15-2015, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

I think he hit the nail on the head with the Mini Coop! Let's get 2 mice and a cpl of rubber bands and put them in a figure 8 from the alternator and the harmonic balancer, then let the little shits make our vortex!

Old 01-15-2015, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Let's call AEV in the morning and we can get the ball Rollin' on that! Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Well if we are going to let them design it, at least we can manage to name and price the magic part the same way they would. I will pull the price out of thin air. The Vortex filterless debris seperator snorkel attachment, $299.99 plus shipping and handling. (Must already have snorkel for proper fit and operation, snorkel assembly not included*)
Old 01-15-2015, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

I think he hit the nail on the head with the Mini Coop! Let's get 2 mice and a cpl of rubber bands and put them in a figure 8 from the alternator and the harmonic balancer, then let the little shits make our vortex! Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Well now dont forget, we will need a part number for mouse food-Cheese in this case and a part number for replacement mice as they wear out or die. Also need to include in the directions how to remove the waste byproduct of mice and how to dispose of it properly-i.e. Dump on the ground and move on.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

If this thread gets anymore off topic, we are going to need a Del Ray rep or 3chains to get us back on track. They are masters of moving a thread forward during controversy
Old 01-15-2015, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by helmet10
Just remember who you call Boss everyday. I bet it's an engineer. Vortex filters are used on Peterbilt trucks. The trashcans that hang off the sides. UMP makes them for baja trucks and trophy trucks. Smaller version. Im a good frac engineer. That's called completions, we build wells. Production is for losers and its full of retards. So you fit it.
I like the look of the big filter on the side of semi's. But only on Semi's. Do they make a little one that is for smaller flow volumes? I dont want a 10 gallon canister hanging out there....smaller.

Quick Reply: snorkels... pros & cons