Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkels??

Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cameron7
What is that I haven't seen that before?
It's new. Think they showed it for the first time at SEMA
Old 12-01-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Metal can easily be replaced for cheap. Jks are becoming more and more common at scrap yards and the hood and fenders are interchangeable between any jk out there.

Cutting should not be whats holding someone back from a snorkel.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That wild boar set-up is a really clean look, but it also looks pertty worthless for anything other than an occasional light trail. I'd stick with AEV or ARB. Both snorkels are proven to take a beating(not to mention poly construction).
When it comes to cutting sheet metal, sometimes you just got to do it. Would you let a few scratches keep you off of a badass trail? Its a Jeep, take your time, double check your work, and all will be well.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhhh...just get some big nutters and chop into that hood & add that AEV snorkel!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cutting the hood is really not as complicated as it seems. I know it's tough to think about trashing your hood but I've never seen anyone post on this forum that they ruined their hood trying to install a snorkel. I have the AEV and the installation was very easy. Even if you mess up the cut a bit the trim ring would cover your mistake.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not that it's the fact that if I ever wanted to take it off I would have a hole
Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

It's not that it's the fact that if I ever wanted to take it off I would have a hole
Thats fine...take it off and mod you a cover made out of gutter guard..
Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi

Why would you ever want to take it off??? Trade-in or selling? I would just leave it on. Why worry about a $350-450.00 accessory and when it's time to trade in or sell it's value is less than 50%. If you require a snorkel for some of the off-road areas you travel (deep water/mud) the investment will save you from a hydrolocked motor which is way bigger dollars.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Why would you ever want to take it off??? Trade-in or selling? I would just leave it on. Why worry about a $350-450.00 accessory and when it's time to trade in or sell it's value is less than 50%. If you require a snorkel for some of the off-road areas you travel (deep water/mud) the investment will save you from a hydrolocked motor which is way bigger dollars.
X2 - install it and forget it. If you sell your Jeep it will be a selling point for the buyer.

Quick Reply: Snorkels??