Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkel... Really?!?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, as the op, my basis was really to get at the true benefits of a snorkel. So for those that care, here's my basis and thought tree...

I approached it from a performance perspective - first considering that i wanted a cai... Which led me to... If i'm going to run a cai, why not leverage the investment and build up a little extra protection for my rubi. For clarity, my '11 2dr is my daily driver, but i also take it off road and put it through its paces... It's lifted w/ 35's and ... A long list of mods. Do i plan on submerging it in a lake up to the mirrors? Hell no. Do i off road it and occasionally run through streams and wallow in the mud like a pig? Hell yes. Do i seek out flooded roads to have a good time during big rain storms? Hell yes. (and dont say you dont because you would be lying). Therefore, to get cai performance and a bit of added insurance against water intake, i'm putting on a snorkel.

Imo, a snorkel should be an option carried by chrysler anyway. Just saying.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bubbacon
So, as the op, my basis was really to get at the true benefits of a snorkel. So for those that care, here's my basis and thought tree...

I approached it from a performance perspective - first considering that i wanted a cai... Which led me to... If i'm going to run a cai, why not leverage the investment and build up a little extra protection for my rubi. For clarity, my '11 2dr is my daily driver, but i also take it off road and put it through its paces... It's lifted w/ 35's and ... A long list of mods. Do i plan on submerging it in a lake up to the mirrors? Hell no. Do i off road it and occasionally run through streams and wallow in the mud like a pig? Hell yes. Do i seek out flooded roads to have a good time during big rain storms? Hell yes. (and dont say you dont because you would be lying). Therefore, to get cai performance and a bit of added insurance against water intake, i'm putting on a snorkel.

Imo, a snorkel should be an option carried by chrysler anyway. Just saying.
If this were Facebook, I'd click "Like."

lol
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Thanks! :-)
Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettDez
If this were Facebook, I'd click "Like."

lol
I agree.. "LIKED"

Why isnt there a like thingy for each post anyway?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

^^ exact reasoning for me looking at snorkel option too, and hell they're fucking cool looking. Surely I can pick chicks up with a big snorkel. It's a win win.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Put it in the middle of a lake hell no cross a stream f ya

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1714965918.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	373658
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Merica... FUCK YEAH and fuck you if you don't like snorkels because you think you'll never use it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3453884483.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	373697  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

Most guys add snorkels "just in case" not to submarine our rigs.
Not gna lie, a submersible jeep would be cool. I remember watching a video when I took my bearcat and MRAP driving school of a old jeep and deuce with extended exhaust and snorkel gng through testing. Those dudes wore scuba style gear and/ or snorkels themselves while showing the capability of the vehicles. Wish I could find em again. But then again why would the army ever need to submerge a combat vehicle... ( coincidence... I think not)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoWrangler

The OP asked about water high enough to ruin the electronics in the dash, that's more than a puddle. And as I said, if that's what you enjoy, please continue. I'm not trying to introduce laws to prevent you. Why does everyone go nuts when someone posts an opinion?

This is the kind of stuff I'm referring to...

Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BtgO_55wQlE
Lol great background music choice..... Too funny
Oh sucks for his rig tho :(

Quick Reply: Snorkel... Really?!?