Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkel kit help!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Snorkel kit help!

I just ordered a new snorkel kit off ebay... It enter thru the hoods side where the AEV Hemi hood has its vents.... My question is... Did anyone cut their own hood to make the opening for the kitchen and if u did what we're the dementions of the cut? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heres the AEV hood template. Hope that helps

http://www.aev-conversions.com/ishee...d_Template.pdf
Old 07-31-2012, 03:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep just use the AEV template, measure twice and dive in. Not difficult at all.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Jedi

Thanks guys
Old 07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some advice from a fellow snorkel owner.

The TIPM is a giant pile of trash(well, it was never intended to be suberged.), actually has vent holes in the bottom of it that you can see the circuit cards through.

Get that thing wet, and you will be sitting in a backorder line for a month or so.

So, the snorkel is nice to have in case you need it, not to mention its the only true cold air intake available for the Jeep. Just dont set out on a mission to use it... or this could be you! https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...marine-227764/
Old 07-31-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakspire
Some advice from a fellow snorkel owner.

The TIPM is a giant pile of trash(well, it was never intended to be suberged.), actually has vent holes in the bottom of it that you can see the circuit cards through.

Get that thing wet, and you will be sitting in a backorder line for a month or so.

So, the snorkel is nice to have in case you need it, not to mention its the only true cold air intake available for the Jeep. Just dont set out on a mission to use it... or this could be you! https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...marine-227764/
What is the TIPM if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As Blakspire said. also make sure you seal all the holes on the bottom of the airbox with RTV sealant or a simliar sealant so water doesnt come up into the airbox if submerged

Last edited by Croce; 07-31-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TIPM or "Totally Integrated Power Module" is the box, just forward of the battery with about 30 fuses in it. I have not sealed the holes in the bottom of mine, I'm not sure if they are there for ventillation or not. I have a spare I am going to play with, and test out the sealed hole thing. I dont ever intend on going that deep, but accidents can and will happen.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi

I didn't even think of the holes in the air box.... Thanks! I appreciate that.... That coulda been bad if I went thru some deep water
Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Croce
Heres the AEV hood template. Hope that helps

http://www.aev-conversions.com/ishee...d_Template.pdf
It's doesn't have the length or hight of the cut.... Or is that a template for me to print out and lay on the hood? It shows me leaving the bottom edge on flush... Can't I just cut it off so I can open hood without removing the snorkel

Quick Reply: Snorkel kit help!