Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkel - car wash compatibility

Old 01-31-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Snorkel - car wash compatibility

Snorkel owners... I'm a fan of the local carwash (Mike's). Does any body with a snorkel (the AEV in particular) have experience with an automatic carwash? The vertical cloth drums bother me about ripping it off and, with the ram air scoop, water ingestion bothers me with the high pressure rise. Thoughts?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi

Touchless no issues! However, I have not tried the cloth ones in fear of my other accessories getting damaged. I have driven through sever snow & rain with no issues with my ram-air setup. If you are worried then just turn the ram-air 180 degrees.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well my AEV snorkel seems to be attached to the jeep well enough that i could prolly hang on it and it wouldnt break off

Got my installed about two weeks ago, and even with this horrible weather in NE (Snow,rain,sleet.ect) i have yet to see a drip of water inside it even after driving on the highway. If i were you id just make sure the ram air is on tight enough that the Side scrubbers/rollers wont rip it off. i've also heard of people shutting the jeep off and tieing a plastic bag around the snorkel top/ram air
Old 01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

you guys wash your jeeps?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edge Hawk
you guys wash your jeeps?
Haha only when the mudholes are dried up

Quick Reply: Snorkel - car wash compatibility