Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkel - anyone into designing your own.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tonka - I love the way the way you did the the routing under the hood, looks really clean. I just had one question, do you think you could give a bit more detail on how you got the air filter mounted, etc.. You mentioned using the threaded coupling, and I'm making the assumption that the K&N you used just fit right on that coupling inside the airbox. Is that right? Could you show a pic of the inside of the airbox and how you have those couplings set up?

How about a complete parts list with the sizes of all the elbows you needed to use? I'd hate to go buy a 90 when I needed a street, etc. This is a project that would be a long ways down the road for me this summer, but I am seriously giving it some thought after seeing how nice you were able to do under the hood. I would definitely go another route with the external parts, but yours and the person that did the chevy truck have given me some serious food for thought.

Oh, one more question, how did you secure the snorkel on the outside? Are there any mounting points, or are you relying solely on the joint through the fender to support it?

Quick Reply: Snorkel - anyone into designing your own.