Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkel and AfE Stage 2 open air box?

Old 06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snorkel and AfE Stage 2 open air box?

Question for you snorkel owners...

I got rid of my stock airbox and installed the aFe stage 2, with the open air box.

Can i install a snorkel with this system or do I need to revert back to the stock airbox? Is there something I can do to modify my aFe to be compatible with snorkels?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

theyre not compatible. youll need the stock air box assembly. if youre handy with fiberglass you might be able to enclose the cai in a box and fit it to the snorkel. too much work for no gain if you ask me. sell the cold air and install the snorkel on a stock air box and use the money for other mods.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DirtyKK
theyre not compatible. youll need the stock air box assembly. if youre handy with fiberglass you might be able to enclose the cai in a box and fit it to the snorkel. too much work for no gain if you ask me. sell the cold air and install the snorkel on a stock air box and use the money for other mods.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the quick reply

Quick Reply: Snorkel and AfE Stage 2 open air box?