Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkel?

Old 12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antonioso
I was looking at the the breather kit and a write up that someone did. How complicated would it be for a jeep newbie? I'm no mechanic but this site has taught me alot!
I am as well hesitant about going at my lines. How tough is it? What might I mess up?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tvan93
I am as well hesitant about going at my lines. How tough is it? What might I mess up?
Axles are super easy. Just add the adapter and the extra hose to it.. Tcase and transmission are a little harder, but the worst you can do is pull the hose off, which just pops back on.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
This thread is way off topic...
Haha! Sorta. A snorkel without breather relocs is pretty silly. So they're related topics
Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

What will i need to buy to relocate them all to my air box. 60 seems a little high to me for just hose and connectors. Or not?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
It may seem high.. but; its easier.. you can go out and buy the stuff yourself cheaper, I bought it just for the ease of having it ready to snip.. plug & play
Yup. If you DIY it, sure you'll be about $30 ahead - if you did it perfect the first time. Once you miss something (or two) and make a few trips to Lowes/Home Depot, the cost of gas, time and extra parts makes it almost worth it to buy the kit. It's literally plug and play.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
All four brether hoses go into our airbox. Once the snorkel goes on, you're virtually water-proof up to your forehead. (at least for the AEV version - the issue I have with the River Raider (expedition) snorkel is once water crests over your hood, you're flirting with hydrolock)
That would depend on which extension tube you use. They have one that puts the top near the top of the rollbar and you could easily make one.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default Ohhh Man

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Yup I was tight on cash too (still am) and needed dough for other mods. It's actually pretty damn sturdy and slightly shiny. It's still got graining on it like an interior trim part, and honestly I like it a lot. I still have a full winter and summer to go through to evaluate how it holds up but the way I see it, I'm rolling the dice - if it works, I saved $180 over an AEV snorkel. If it doesn't, I try to get a used AEV or buy brand new - it drops into place of this eBay one in 5 minutes.
Hi Chris ,hope ya dont live downriver as I have a detonator yellow two door with an Ace front bumper too .Havent done the rest of your mods YET but going that direction next spring and summer !
Tom O.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was reading another thread where they were talking about the RR breather tubes and someone recomended using "Bellows" instead, would it be just as effective?

heres the thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Extension-kit
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I am going to end up getting the eBay AEV, sorry to not support the real company, just too much $$$. And I am going to relocate all of my breathers to the air box. To me this just seems like the most logical option because all of the other spots seem to still have a chance of water making its way in. Plus I am very confident that the diff fluid is not going to expand into my air box.

As well is anyone running the snorkel with a drop in K&N, any increased power, throttle response, etc?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

has anyone done the "bellows" caps? does they actually work? I like the idea of doing that, seems much easier

Quick Reply: Snorkel?