Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

snapped rock rail bolt

Old 04-04-2014, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snapped rock rail bolt

Taking off my rails today for a little treatment and one of the body mount bolts snapped in half. All the other 5 were awesome, must have forgotten the anti sieze to that one. Anybody know if the bolt/threaded snap clamp thing is something universal I can find or have a part number? Tried a little google search but nothing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140404_150031.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	543199
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by easttnruby
Taking off my rails today for a little treatment and one of the body mount bolts snapped in half. All the other 5 were awesome, must have forgotten the anti sieze to that one. Anybody know if the bolt/threaded snap clamp thing is something universal I can find or have a part number? Tried a little google search but nothing.

Attachment 543199
can be found at any good hardware store. common item in the automotive industry.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same when I removed mine to trim. I never bothered to replace it so one side is only held by 4 bolts. The 4 remaining bolts are more then enough but yeah you can likely find at a most hardware stores.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lowe's sells them....look in the fastener section in those pull out "specialty hardware" drawers

Quick Reply: snapped rock rail bolt