Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smoth on road jk

Old 08-04-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoth on road jk

2010 JKU that is driven on road 95% and I got a bad back so I want to make it smoothest DD on road ride ever, I got some ideas about AEV 2.5" kit and 33 tires with 28 PSI, is it gonna make it smooth in bumpy roads

Can I add 33'' tires on my 17"wheels without changing anything or do I have to get a 2" lift and other modifications?

I want to increase the tires side wall of my JKU 2010 to get a smoother ride with minimum modifications and also thinking of the AEV 2.5'' kit , what's ur opinion is the 33/12.5R15 good upgrade that doesn't need any regearing or recalibration of the spedometer or I will get a lower power and higher fuel consumption with shorten lifetime of some stuff?

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-05-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll likely wanna stick with an all terrain tire that has a stiffer side wall maybe load range D. I hear the falken wild peaks are real nice. the price is pretty good too
Old 08-04-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running 15" wheels and that lets me run load range C tires and more sidewall. Maybe all in my head but it's darn pretty smooth. Or maybe it's the 22psi in em. My lift is a 3.5 RK and tires are 35" old style MTR's.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he wants to run that tire pressure on the highway
Old 08-04-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medbender
you'll likely wanna stick with an all terrain tire that has a stiffer side wall maybe load range D. I hear the falken wild peaks are real nice. the price is pretty good too

why would he want to get a stiffer sidewall tire if he wants a smooth ride?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default did you regear and recalibrate the spedometer?

Originally Posted by MeMongo
I'm running 15" wheels and that lets me run load range C tires and more sidewall. Maybe all in my head but it's darn pretty smooth. Or maybe it's the 22psi in em. My lift is a 3.5 RK and tires are 35" old style MTR's.
did you regear and recalibrate the spedometer?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rami
Can I add 33'' tires on my 17"wheels without changing anything or do I have to get a 2" lift and other modifications?
You can run 33s just fine stock. For wider than 11" you'd probably want 1.5" wheel spacers. Those won't affect ride quality. Id also get a teraflex leveling kit to help with appearance and keep from rubbing the fenders up front when flexing offroad. If you have a sport upgrading shocks will help. Saharas and rubis won't see much on road improvement from new shocks.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rami
did you regear and recalibrate the spedometer?
It's on my to-do list. All these mods are hell on the wallet. Local elevation is around 5500ft with plenty of hills and I get around just fine. I must have gotten a good 3.8

Quick Reply: Smoth on road jk