Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smitybilt XRC Front Bumper

Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smitybilt XRC Front Bumper

Is anyboby running this bumper? Just wondering about quality and such. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
bkw
JK Freak

I got mine last week. Install was pretty straight forward and simple and everything fit perfectly. But please note that you will have to drill 4 1/2" holes underneath on the support beam which is no biggie, just make sure the bumper is on before marking the holes.

Build quality looks to be very good. Thick powdercoat and somewhat decent welds. The steel thick where it needs to be. It's a stout little bumper and well worth the price.

Another installation note that I had not seen before my install is that if you plan on mating a winch to the bumper, make sure you mount the winch before mounting the bumper. It's a serious PITA getting the bolts on the winch.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the front and back XRC's. The front fit perfect. I havent had any issues with the finish and have been driving it around all winter. Everyone seems to like it a lot more in person. the pics dont really do it justice.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the front bumper for over a yr now no rust at all its holdong up well , i smashed it against a boulder at rausch creek and it didnt even knock off the finish i was very surprised , i have the matching rear bumper its about 6 months old now , and its holding up good to but it does squeak alot and ive tried everything , but the finish is fine on that one too
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

my bumpers have no rust or fading
i am quite content with them
Old 02-09-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, Thanks For the responses. It was between the smitty and the M.O.R.E. front bumpers because they look pretty similar. I think I am going to go with the Smitty now when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Smitybilt XRC Front Bumper