Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybuilt Cargo Net

Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybuilt Cargo Net

I've been looking into this cargo net for my 2012 Jeep JK Sport. I got close to buying it but then I read I must have, "Door Surrounds, Tailgate Bar & Retainers for Hardtop Models". Honestly I have no idea what any of these are. I have a hardtop and I think they're for soft tops. So would I have to buy these if I wanted to use the net or do I already have them.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Those are items that are used to attach the softop.
Unless you have a soft top you wouldnt have these part.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are parts found in a soft top, they are used to keep your smittybilt net tight. If not the net will sag a little. Some people just live with the slight sag cause those soft top pieces cost a pretty penny. For the price of those pieces and the net your better off buying a higher quality net.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spend a little extra now and be happy in the long run. Check out Safari Straps, Dirtydog 4x4, or Raingler. None used the door surrounds and should work under a hardtop.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afpilot82
Spend a little extra now and be happy in the long run. Check out Safari Straps, Dirtydog 4x4, or Raingler. None used the door surrounds and should work under a hardtop.
Smitty is making some solid metal products like bumpers and such, but the Smitty cargo net is pure crap. I agree with this guy, go with another brand. I ran Safari on my 2dr and they are f*cking bomb proof.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gnutt
I've been looking into this cargo net for my 2012 Jeep JK Sport. I got close to buying it but then I read I must have, "Door Surrounds, Tailgate Bar & Retainers for Hardtop Models". Honestly I have no idea what any of these are. I have a hardtop and I think they're for soft tops. So would I have to buy these if I wanted to use the net or do I already have them.
I too have a 2012 JKU hardtop. I bought the CRES, the door surrounds and tailgate bar but the netting is still flopping in areas. I wish I would have bought the one from 4x4.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

safari straps are the way to go. installed them on two separate Jeeps. easy install and solid product.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine from jeepcargonet.com
I'm happy with them
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2941473138.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	350100  

Quick Reply: Smittybuilt Cargo Net