Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt XRC10 vs Superwinch epi9.0s - solenoid question

Old 02-18-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt XRC10 vs Superwinch epi9.0s - solenoid question

I need some opinions, leave cost out of it. I'm between the XRC10 with synthetic and the Superwinch epi9.0s. I like the warranty (same as Warns) on the superwinch, but I don't doubt the quality of the Smittybilt. Both come with synthetic line.

What are the opinons on Superwinch's intergrated 'sealed' solenoid vs creating a mount under my hood for the Smittybilt one?
Old 02-18-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MSUConrad
I need some opinions, leave cost out of it. I'm between the XRC10 with synthetic and the Superwinch epi9.0s. I like the warranty (same as Warns) on the superwinch, but I don't doubt the quality of the Smittybilt. Both come with synthetic line.

What are the opinons on Superwinch's intergrated 'sealed' solenoid vs creating a mount under my hood for the Smittybilt one?
You are in luck, I have run both. If you take cost out of the questions, the Superwinch is tons better. The solenoid house on the smitty is cheap and brittle. The Smitty is also a lot slower than the Superwinch, and the Smitty controller is cheap plastic and prone to failure (which really sucks). I had to replace my controller after it failed in the field during a recovery (after driving 150 miles with cable wound around my bumper. With all of that said, for the price, the Smitty works, but if price is not an issue, get the Superwinch for sure.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I needed to know!

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC10 vs Superwinch epi9.0s - solenoid question