Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt XRC VS Expedition One Trail Series, Tire Carrier/ Bumper

Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smittybilt XRC VS Expedition One Trail Series, Tire Carrier/ Bumper

This fall I'm putting on a new rear bumper and tire carrier but I can't decide wich one to go with. I first saw the Smitty but then i saw the expedition 1 online and here and really liked the looks of it. Send pics if you got them. Thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by holmes4x4
This fall I'm putting on a new rear bumper and tire carrier but I can't decide wich one to go with. I first saw the Smitty but then i saw the expedition 1 online and here and really liked the looks of it. Send pics if you got them. Thanks
Here's my xrc
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	219485  
Old 10-05-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have neither rear bumper but I will tell you that the expedition one (IMO) is a better piece I have seen both of them on buddys jeeps. I was going to go with the xrc but then my friend had problems with the latch wearing out that connects the tire carrier to the bumper. It may cost more but i would go with the expedition one.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys for the feed back , That XRC looks great JK08KATYTX . Still undicided, unfortunatly. And money is not the issue for the bumper (Thank God the woman gave me free reign on this mod) so if anyone has any other sugestions or comments Im all ears these were the two I was looking at closely.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was going to go with Expedition one but now have decided to go with rock hard or LOD, since Expedition one has no gas can brackets aval. and no shorty option aval. but the Expedition one rear/gate opening system is nice....

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC VS Expedition One Trail Series, Tire Carrier/ Bumper