Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SmittyBilt XRC Body Armor

Old 06-21-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SmittyBilt XRC Body Armor

Im interested in the SmittyBilt XRC front fenders and corner guards. I cant seem to find any dealers selling them. I e-mailed Smittybilt and havent recieved a reply yet. If anyone is using them please let me know your thoughts. And post some pics if you have them!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

None the XRC body armor appears to be available for the JK... yet. I couldn't find it on their site. Where have you seen it?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paul1k2k
Im interested in the SmittyBilt XRC front fenders and corner guards. I cant seem to find any dealers selling them. I e-mailed Smittybilt and havent recieved a reply yet. If anyone is using them please let me know your thoughts. And post some pics if you have them!
They are on the back page of my new 4WD catalog.

edit: here you go: ww w.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=55771

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 06-21-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:59 AM
bkw
JK Freak

I saw and felt these in person on a members rig last week. They look and feel quite beefy. He stated that they replace the entire front quarter panel and they also come with a 'half' liner.

Oh, one other thing I noticed was that the two side outlet ports are sealed, theyre just for show.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

That's odd, I wonder why SB wouldn't have them on their page? More pictures would be nice.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

4WD and 4 wheel parts have it on there website.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the link, that seems like a fair price. Does anyone have any pics of them on another rig?
I think smittybilt's site said the vents on the side are removable to accommodate a snorkel??
Old 06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I got the fronts

I have the front xrc on my rig right now. They are solid and replace the entire quater panel. I ordered the rear and the flares but they have not been released yet. The ports are removable but I do not see how a snorkel would work at all since the whole is a huge rectangle you would need to drill out the hole.

If you got questions let me know
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dmerk524 - Do you have any pics? They look pretty mean on the green smittybilt jeep but Im not sure if they would look right with a hardtop and all.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered the XRC front and Rear body protection guards in January 2010 at the 4wd parts show in California. I spoke to the Smittybilt rep and he told me that I would have the parts in 3 weeks. 6 months later and I'm still waiting. They must have had issues in production if it is taking this long for them to get the rears out. One of these days

Quick Reply: SmittyBilt XRC Body Armor