Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt XRC Atlas Bumpers

Old 11-08-2013 | 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Quadratec and Smittybilt

Looks like Quadratec is not at the top of Smittybilt's supply chain. Just had a conversation with Quadratec rep and it went as follows...

REP: "Hello. How may I assist you?"

ME: "Just wanted to check on the status of Smittybilt shipping their new Atlas rear bumpers... been waiting over 4 wks."

REP: "Unfortunately that bumper has not yet come into stock and may take up to 2-3 more weeks before coming back into stock"
Old 11-16-2013 | 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking about buying this bumper, but don't really want to wait..
Old 11-16-2013 | 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was told yesterday I could pick one up now from 4wheelpart in Dallas

Sent using smoke signals
Old 11-16-2013 | 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbmoorejr
I was told yesterday I could pick one up now from 4wheelpart in Dallas

Sent using smoke signals
If you're buying Smittybilt, then 4WD or Four Wheel Parts is the place to get it, since they own Smittybilt. Why would other retailers get their premiere product line to stock before their own locations?
Old 11-16-2013 | 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
If you're buying Smittybilt, then 4WD or Four Wheel Parts is the place to get it, since they own Smittybilt. Why would other retailers get their premiere product line to stock before their own locations?
Also 4wp's there's a discount for $50 off of an order for $1000 or more.
Old 12-25-2013 | 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Cameron,

The two cutout ovals for lights in the "molle panel", what are their dimensions?

Thanks,

K
Old 12-26-2013 | 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

It took about 6 weeks for mine to come in after i ordered it from 4wp. I have called them twice now about my handle is very hard to open and the part that latches is rusting real bad. Anyone else having this issue
Old 12-31-2013 | 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Started a little pre-assembly on mine today. Making sure that I had all of the hardwear, etc. From another thread it appears I may need to Dremel off some of the really thick powder coating around the pivot pin. Once I hang the bumper and start to fit the rack I'll address that part. So far, so good, well packed, no damage, instructions seen clear.

Last edited by kmrtnsn; 02-15-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2014 | 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
You can get NICE, american made shit not much more than that... And you will be legit.
If a US company made a bumper that had these features, I would consider them. So far, this is the only bumper I have seen that has these options.

I just traded in my '11 and got a '14. I am starting over on my build. If a US company has something similar, ping me and I will consider your product.
Old 02-15-2014 | 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Junk

I just finished installing my Smittybilt Atlas Rear Bumper. Everything was great until the testing of the latch. It is complete garbage. It is perfectly aligned. Had to use two washers to space the latch bolt out enough and the POS will still not close and latch securely. I can pull on it with moderate force and it will unlatch without touching the handle.

FRUSTRATED is an understatement.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC Atlas Bumpers