Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt XRC Atlas Bumpers

Old 12-07-2012 | 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt XRC Atlas Bumpers

In the market for a rear bumper/tire carrier and was browsing through my 4WD JK master catalog and came across the Smittybilt XRC Atlas Bumper on page 58. I have tried to find information on the interwebz but it doesn't look like there is much info released as of yet. Called 4WD in hopes of attaining a price point and a shipping date. The response was "it's not in their system yet and sometime this spring." Looks to be strong with the carrier frenched into the bumper and can house up to a 37" tire. Because tire carrier is built into bumper, it sits lower, should have a lower COG and maybe better visibility out the back. Also has MOLLE attachment system, hitch receiver, d ring mounts, hight lift jack points, and looks to be able to store jerry cans/rotopax in the space between tailgate. I don't see a place designated for a CB antenna but that would have been nice. I know some people don't care for Smittybilt products but I am definitely interested in this being an option for me depending on price. Anyone have any other suggestions with similar features? I've looked at so many I think I have confused myself, haha.

Oh yea, they also have a front bumper too.

SEMA video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjbk7f76YE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDvZsG6KtA
Old 12-07-2012 | 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Love Love the rear bumper!!
Old 12-07-2012 | 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Not a fan of the front, but the rear looks awesome!!!

I have the SRC front and rear bumpers on mine. I will say that they were both a pain in the ass to install. Hopefully this new rear bumper since its all one piece will be easier.

For my rear SRC I had to heat, bend, jump up and down, hammer and beat on, etc to get it installed. Major fitament problems, but its on and nice and tight/sturdy now.

Front and SRC rock sliders were much easier though.
Old 12-07-2012 | 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, I'm not too big on the front one either. But definitely a fan of the rear bumper, a top option for me as soon as I saw it.
Old 12-08-2012 | 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Say what you want about smittybilt, but I think they pay their engineers good money to develop their products and that rear bumper definitely reflects that! I am not a big fan of all the smittybilt products but it seems like they put in some good time and research when it comes to their armor(bumpers, fenders, rails...)
Old 12-08-2012 | 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that thing creaked and squeaked when he opened it up.
Old 12-08-2012 | 10:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I liked the rear bumper. I like the double shear of the hinge , and the recess of the carrier, and the locking mech. there last rear bumpers locking mech I've heard that they opened up by themselfs !
Old 12-09-2012 | 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

pretty sure their bumper is a hopped up version of this skopri bumper outta china. Note sure on the back one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	skopri front.jpg
Views:	1976
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	396831  
Old 12-09-2012 | 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Another angle on the front.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	skopri front 2.jpg
Views:	1536
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	396846  
Old 12-10-2012 | 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Man that thing creaked and squeaked when he opened it up.
And it seemed like the tire moved around quite a bit when he closed it.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC Atlas Bumpers