Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders JK + Snorkel

Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders JK + Snorkel

My question is What Snorkel will work with these? they list it as having removable side ducts to accommodate a snorkel.

i love the look of these fenders but i can only find them used with the Volant snorkel, which i dont care for the look of. I would also want to go to a different hood and i think the Volant will only work with OEM

Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders JK

Smittybilt XRC JK Armor - The new line of XRC JK Front Fenders were specifically engineered to provide the maximum protection and clearance needed when you're pushing your rig through the toughest conditions.

Each piece of XRC JK Armor is manufactured out of 3/16" cold rolled steel and then powder coated in Smittybilt's signature series two-stage finish. Each section of XRC JK Armor is designed to be a complete bolt-on with stainless steel fasteners and requires minimal modification to the vehicle. All of the XRC JK Armor comes with an inner fender liner to keep mud, snow or any other debris out of the engine compartment and wheel wells.
•No modifications required
•Complete bolt-on design
•3/16" cold rolled steel - solid platform
•Stainless steel fasteners - no rust
•Replaceable slide plates - you'll need them
•Complete inner liner - to keep mud, dirt & snow away from engine compartment
•Provides additional wheel well clearance
•Cutting edge design
•Removable side ducts to accommodate a snorkel
•Two-stage matte black powder coat
Old 08-14-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt Response

I emailed Smittybilt about this very question last week. Even though they advertise it, here is what they told me "we have not tested any snorkels with the fenders". Kind of shady in the marketing scheme. Although, I didn't let that stop me from getting the fenders.

Shaun
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

cool ive been wanting the fenders but i think a snorkel might come first so i want to plan on getting one that works with it.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

You could always go with the hood snorkel. These fenders are legit.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MAMYAC
You could always go with the hood snorkel. These fenders are legit.

I've thought of it. i was hoping there was a snorkel that worked with their "vents" that i just didnt know about
Old 08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Yeti

I've thought of it. i was hoping there was a snorkel that worked with their "vents" that i just didnt know about
Yeah, I just installed mine and I don't see any snorkel working with the vent on them. But, the fenders are awesome. I was going to wait on the back ones....not anymore. I'm getting those ASAP.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

deviljeep took his snorkel off after installing these. i dont believe it works. you may want to ask him tho
Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

For you guys that installed them, do you think the rugged ridge prototype snorkel would work with them? I have the fronts on order and I'm hoping that when the rugged ridge is available I can go that route.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those Smittybilt fenders look really rugged but they also look quite heavy, the other stuff I've seen them make (CHINA) are heavy duty, somewhat roughly made, and much heavier than other makes. Weight is an issue I think will only hurt in the end in several different areas, so unless I go with a RIPP supercharger or a big gears (MPG cost) I'm going to pass for now. Maybe Superchips will finally come up with an update for the 2011 JKUs.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders JK + Snorkel