Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt SRC Side Armor...... what a joke

Old 06-20-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Smittybilt SRC Rock rails too and for the price i think its a great investment for some protection

Installation only took about 25 minutes to do myself. Just flipped a small trash barrel upside down to support it while i bolted it in. Installtion is a joke since its only requires four bolts.

I've also hi-lifted my jeep using the rocks rails and if you hi-lift in the middle they do bend slightly, but i've never seen any damage caused to my jeep from doing that.
They took a few hits over the weekend that would of done some decent damage to my side/door and i cant even tell i hit anything with the rockrails
Old 06-23-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These just arrived in the mail today from Quadratec and I bolted them up on my JK Unlimited in under an hour. I did them in the parking lot at my work. The part that took me the longest was going home to get my dremel tool so I could shave just a little bit off on one of the mount washers so I could get the socket to go on to the nut. Other than that one nut on the rear passenger side, the rest went on slick.

These things look great. I obviously haven't used them weeling yet (still at work) but by the looks of them they look like they can take a pretty good beating.

Ill post some pic's tomorrow.
I'm happy so far....

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Side Armor...... what a joke