Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt SRC Side Armor...... what a joke

Old 07-19-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt SRC Side Armor...... what a joke

Possibly the worst investment i have ever bought on the jeep
I thought they would be very easy to bolt up
and i thought they could be used as rock sliders since they are called side armor
WELL i was deffienently wrong on everything. They fit great in the back but when it came to the front mounts issues started to come about as the holes would not line up. I am going to have to drive out 2 holes in it to make them bolt on properly.
Also i used a HI_LIFT on them and it was a joke.
The side picked up and started to bed closer and closer to my jeep until it hit the side of my jeep. I mean is this a joke
I was just going to say they do look good but are pointless to me now.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Smittybilt" nuff said
Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dlincoln91
Possibly the worst investment i have ever bought on the jeep
I thought they would be very easy to bolt up
and i thought they could be used as rock sliders since they are called side armor
WELL i was deffienently wrong on everything. They fit great in the back but when it came to the front mounts issues started to come about as the holes would not line up. I am going to have to drive out 2 holes in it to make them bolt on properly.
Also i used a HI_LIFT on them and it was a joke.
The side picked up and started to bed closer and closer to my jeep until it hit the side of my jeep. I mean is this a joke
I was just going to say they do look good but are pointless to me now.
That sucks. Nice product/quality control. Thanks for sharing and saving the rest of us!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let us see the evidence. Curious to see.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

i would upload pictures if i could ever figure it out
Old 07-19-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weedo
That sucks. Nice product/quality control. Thanks for sharing and saving the rest of us!
x2, was just about to buy some, now im looking for other goodies to spend my money on
Old 07-19-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

You actually thought Smittybilt made quality, strong products? You might want to do a little more research before you waste more money.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sorry to Contradict Everyone on Smittybilt Rocker Guards

I have been meaning to post the results of my bolt up this past week on my Smittybilt Rocker Guards. First let me say I ordered them because I thought they looked good, were cheap and offered some basic protection. I did not need heavy duty rocker armor nor did I want to add a lot of weight to my jeep. FYI...Each side weighed 45lbs. My bolt up took 1.5 hours by myself. Most of that time was spent just trying to figure out how to do the job by myself. I used jack stands to hold one end up while I bolted the other. My impression of the product was overall very good. The only negative was they were also a little long about an 1/8" on both sides..maybe a little less. I figured out that I needed to attach the rear end loosely and then work on the front. Once it was all lined up I hit it once or twice with a shot filled rubber mallet and it laid right in. Not a problem once I got the routine down. I would order the product again and would recommend them. Finally I do love the way they look.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Beyond this one product - someone needs to put a comprehensive list of manufacturers that are based and BUILT in the USA. I am not knowledgable to do it myself or I would.....let's put something together and have it as a sticky for everyone to see!!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ask and you shall receive! Robar had responded to my request for this!

Link to listing of American Manufacturers: https://www.jk-forum.com/newreply.ph...te=1&p=1244376

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Side Armor...... what a joke